Stable Fund series of articles
This five-part series of articles discusses some of the most important features of the Nedgroup Investments Stable Fund. The articles cover the following topics - click on each heading to read the article:
- Excellent returns through asset allocation: We show how skillful tactical asset allocation for the Nedgroup Investments Stable Fund has enabled the fund to perform through several market shocks and events since inception.
- When does it pay to be conservative?: A look at the positioning of the fund in terms of its mandate to avoid impairment of capital for investors and how this can affect shorter-term performance.
- Fund performance versus inflation +4%: We compare the fund’s performance versus inflation +4% within the context of broader market indices over the past 3 years.
- Great risk-adjusted returns: This article demonstrates that the Nedgroup Investments Stable Fund has provided investors with attractive long term returns while protecting against high volatility.
- Why making investment decisions based on recent performance is dangerous: Finally, we illustrate the potential pitfalls of trying to predict future performance based on short-term past performance. We close by highlighting some of the long term qualitative characteristics that we look for when selecting our Best of Breed™ fund managers.