Nedgroup Investments off to a winning start to 2017
At the 21sth Annual Raging Bull Awards, Nedgroup Investments won the Offshore Management Company of the Year and won third place in the South African Management Company of the Year.
The highly respected awards measure performance across our range of funds taking into account performance, risk-management and consistency over a five year period and the methodology gives higher weightings to larger funds - so we believe it is a reasonable proxy for the performance our clients have achieved.
This is the 8th year in a row (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016) that we have been amongst the top three unit trust managers in the country and the second year in a row that we have been the top Offshore Management Company. The awards, and particularly the consistency over the long-term are areal endorsement of our Best of breed(TM) philosophy where we identify and partner with exceptional independent managers who we believe have a sustainable edge.
A number of our funds also won awards for being the top fund (performance and/or risk-adjusted performance) in their respective categories:
- Nedgroup Investments Opportunity Fund managed by Abax
- Nedgroup Investments Global Flexible Fund managed by FPA
- Nedgroup Investments Global Cautious Fund managed by Chartwell
- Nedgroup Investments Financials Fund managed by Denker Capital
- Nedgroup Investments Global Flexible Feeder Fund managed by FPA
- Nedgroup Investments Private Wealth Equity Fund won a Raging Bull award for top performance on a risk-adjusted basis in the coveted General Equity category.